Huwebes, Enero 31, 2013

It's More Fun To Teach!




I don't blame people when they give a semi "freaked out" reaction when I tell them I want to be a teacher once I pass the CPA Board exam. I can surely understand why.

Of course, most of them might be thinking "You can earn more by working in an auditing firm than in the academe!" Uhhhm, well, that is a fact that is completely undeniable but despite of the voracious saver that I am, I'm not always after the money. :).

I have observed that there is something special about teaching. Our Technical writing teacher once told us that though educators may have lesser compensation compared to those who work in the office, they have a much greater "salary" that is intangible: the love and respect of the students. I can attest to that. No amount of monetary rewards can overpower the "ooohs" and "ahhhhs" of the students every time they begin to understand what you are teaching them. Big dollar signs can make you proud for a short time but teaching can give you that lasting pure pride you take on yourself because you know you have inspired others and you have given to them a knowledge that is really useful in their lives.

Don't get me wrong; I am not, in any way, detesting the work in the office. When I will one day be a CPA, I will accept any job given to me that is connected with my field may it be in the office or the academe. And if I will not have the opportunity to teach students in my young days as a professional, I am sure I will one day return to the four corners of the classroom. For seriously, I am in love with the "ooohs" and "ahhhs" of enlightened students. :)



Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento

Mga Kabuuang Pageview

My Voice Thru the Globe

Flag Counter

Popular Posts