Martes, Enero 8, 2013

The Blushing Bride

Every single girl loves to talk about weddings. I mean, seriously, is there any female out there who does not giggle and get giddy when the "wedding" topic is brought? I seriously doubt that. This girl is no exception to that fact.

I love weddings and I had been privileged to witness two wedding ceremonies last December. All the guests always have one thing to say "Oh gee, the bride's really pretty! She's just the prettiest woman today!" Ahuh. Truth be told. Every bride deserves to be absolutely stunning/gorgeous/beautiful on her very special day.

I also dream to get married someday. There is a Mormon joke that says "Mormon girls know the colors in their wedding without even knowing who the groom is". That is very true. When I was 18 years old - the year when I learned how to do make-up - I decided that I will do my own make-up when I get married. The practical girl in me says "The money you'll spend on hiring a make-up artist can be used on more important things..." Since then, I have been a fan of Youtube bridal make-up tutorials.

This afternoon, after a long day of writing and rewriting two chapters of our feasibility study, I decided to play with make-up. I opted to do a do-it-yourself bridal make up. I have made bridal looks before but I will say that this one is my favorite. Here are a few pictures:






How did I create this look? Here's what I did... (Guys, forgive me for the quality of the pictures. I hope the colors are still identifiable to you... :) )

After you have prepped your face with concealer, foundation and press powder, you proceed to the eyes. First, apply a base color all over your eyelids. Here's the color I used. It's called "seashell". It's a shimmery white color. Applying this all over your lid will enhance the other colors you will apply later. Also, brides should have fresh-looking, sparkly lids, so, having some white shimmery eyeshadow is an advantage.


One you have already applied the white shadow on your lids, it's time to have some "pop" of color. What I used in my eyes is the sparkly purple shadow from Revlon's "Plum Likes It Hot". Apply this color onto your eyes in a windshield wiper motion. Take note, shy away from applying dark make up on your eyes. You want to look soft and romantic as possible.


To make your eyes look bigger and romantic, add some really light ash color onto your eyes. This will create  a "shadow" on your lids that will make your eyes look bigger. Apply this lightly on your eyes with a brush. This is the color that I used:


Eyebrows are also an important part of your look. Make sure they look clean. Choose a color that is the same shade as your hair and fill in your brows with this.



Add drama to your eyes by applying liquid eyeliner, false eyelashes and mascara! :)


Next stop, the blush on! :). For your wedding day, keep the colors on your face as soft and as neutral as possible. :). Here's the color that I applied on my cheeks:


For the final touch, the liiiiips. :). The lips are the "shoes" of the face. There's a line that goes "shoes can either make or break an outfit"; this is also true with the lips! It's a popular advice that the bride should choose a lip color that is soft, pastel and romantic. But I also believe you can choose deep shades as long as they do not make you look scary. :). Here are the lip shades that are my top favorites when it comes to bridal looks

The deep fuchsia color


The bold Mac Morange


and the pretty, girly, barbie pink shade.


Make your lips pop by applying lip gloss! (Personally, though, I prefer my lips matte.)

So, there you have it! An easy, you-can-do-it-yourself bridal make-up! You're now ready to face the groom  that is still isn't there. ;). Hope you like it! ;)










Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento

Mga Kabuuang Pageview

My Voice Thru the Globe

Flag Counter

Popular Posts