Biyernes, Oktubre 4, 2013

That Summer He Gave Me a Tropical Bouquet


That summer he gave me a tropical bouquet
With a promise that we'll be together forever and a day.
He tied them with a ribbon of the deepest blue
Telling me sweetly, "My promise to you is true..."

And I believed him, and flashed him a smile
As gently I savored the scent of the chamomile
I held the blooms tightly, the feeling was grand
When I did the same to his waiting hand.

We were happy and sparkling, the colors were bright
Radiated by a love that brings such a delight
A summer filled with laughter and sweet, sweet happiness
And the bouquet was still there, it was our witness.

Yet life must be envious of the love we shared
Fate was determined to turn our joy to despair
Little did I know, it was never expected
That one day everything will swiftly be ended

That summer he gave me a tropical bouquet
Yet everything changed in one dark day
The flowers withered, the leaves turned dry
And my beloved, my dear, dear, love,
from an accident, died.

Up to now I still keep that tropical bouquet
For even though it's less of beauty and more of decay
It reminds me of the moments when my beloved would say
"We will be together forever and a day..."

Disclaimer: This did not happen to me. :)

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento

Mga Kabuuang Pageview

My Voice Thru the Globe

Flag Counter

Popular Posts