Lunes, Setyembre 23, 2013

I Love to be Alone



I love to be alone
and appreciate freedom.

Even when people say 
"You don't look good walking alone..."


I appreciate
the long walks with myself
no talking, just feeling the caress of the wind
and dates that involve
me and my thoughts reserve only for solitude.

I savor the beauty
of the silent afternoon
Where I can be a bird
enjoying its own little cage
making the best
out of everything

I don't mind 
the vacant spot beside me
every time I eat out
with my shadow.
Though I know for an instant,
the waiter would wonder
or maybe say
"Where's he, young lady?"

I treasure the company
of silence uninterrupted
where I can let my thoughts speak
the things that my lips can't
and silence indeed
is a special friend.

There's no hand that holds mine
When something heart-warming is seen
Nor when I scream my lungs out
at a horror room
still it's fun
though I am alone

Yes, there are moments
when the enormous part of my heart
that craves for companionship
detests my love story with singlehood
But it understands
that this is necessary.

Yet, I would be a sad excuse for a liar
when I insist that I'd rather be alone.
The longing for a hand to hold
for a comforting hug
for a listening partner
for a best friend
would always win.

However, until I finally have him
I shall continue
this romance specially made for me and myself
so when that special time comes
we'll both rejoice
imagine that!

So when you see me
walking alone the long pavements
or eating by myself
with only the company of a book
Know that I am happy.
I may appear unaccompanied
But I carry someone in my heart. 
Someone whom I shall soon be with. :)

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento

Mga Kabuuang Pageview

My Voice Thru the Globe

Flag Counter

Popular Posts