Linggo, Hunyo 3, 2012

Guys and Hyperboles

Right now, I'm sitting in front of the computer with my left hand on my chin and grinning like a love-struck kindergarten kid.

I've been reading "Letters to Crushes" for the past forty minutes. It's a website where anonymous people can write down their secret feelings, their perfect love stories or love lives that ended up tragically. Almost 60% of the letters are addressed to clueless persons who inspired the writers. What really made me smile a lot were the letters describing the writer's love interest. One goes like this:

"His eyes are green with specks of yellow. The sun gets jealous when he smiles."

As I go through reading the other letters, a thought came into my mind: "Do guys also write cheesy descriptions like these?" If yes, then, I'm really interested what a certain male-o would write about me. Will he say:

"Her eyes are dark with specks of brown, and they are cradled by her hard-earned eye bags." 

or

"Her hair is long and so dark that the ravens are jealous. The waves of curls makes a canton noodle straight with envy."

or perhaps

"Her skin tone makes the fair ladies say '30 minutes in a tanning machine was a lie!'"

I really wonder what he would write down. I know not all guys have Shakespeare's colorful imagination and most of them are allergic to hyperboles. :). Although an oldy-but-goody "She's my best friend, my heart, my soul" is perfect, a little creativity in describing me would be so much appreciated. I'm vain, I know. :D



 


1 komento:

Mga Kabuuang Pageview

My Voice Thru the Globe

Flag Counter

Popular Posts